Consumers of marriage and family therapy services offered by marriage and family therapists licensed by the State of Minnesota have the right:
- To expect that a therapist has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law.
- To examine public records maintained by the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy which contain the credentials of a therapist.
- To obtain a copy of the code of ethics from the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 330, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3222.
- To report complaints to the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy by calling (612) 617-2220.
- To be informed of the cost of professional services before receiving the services.
- To privacy as defined by rule and law.
- To be free from being the subject of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, or other unlawful category while receiving services.
- To have access to their records as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 144.335, subdivision 2.
- To be free from exploitation for the benefit or advantage of a therapist.